Saturday, May 21, 2011

Third Week Of May Ends With Two Cool Mornings

The third week of May ended here with two very nice and cool mornings - low temperatures at house were 43F yesterday and 46F today (Saturday May 21st). Nothing like where my son, Jason, lives - north of Durango, Colorado, near Purgatory Ski Area. He took the shot below on the condo deck as he headed to work yesterday morning.


Each spring we have a battle with the doves that want to nest in our car port on top of the garage door motor. Thought I'd won this year with slick, plastic plate and aluminum foil stuffed up there. But a couple of mornings ago I glanced up and there was a Mourning Dove nested in there. Can just see her in photo below.


Finally, while walking along the Rillito Wash at sunrise today I saw a Western Tanager (see below) perched in a small tree along the path. First time I recall seeing one here in the city. Very colorful in contrast to the ubiquitous doves.

No comments:

Post a Comment