Friday, April 26, 2013

Some More On NWS W-R Nation

The weather in the Southwest continues mostly on Spring Break - although, it was a cool 45 F here at the house this morning. I will continue a bit off topic.


I have tried to read the full NWS document that I referred to in yesterday's post: the 81-page W-R N Roadmap. However, this is a very difficult document to plow through. The writing seems to be in a variant of English, with numerous acronyms and phrases in psyco-babble or agency-speak. An example is shown below; Section 2.4.3 which discusses the planned "On Boarding" process of the NWS.


The first thing that popped into my mind when I read this was "water boarding." Probably not a relevant connection?

But, next I thought of George Orwell, 1984, indoctrination, The Manchurian Candidate, and the famous Apple Computer 1984 TV commercial. Very glad I don't work for the NWS (although I once did, but that was way before 1984).


No comments:

Post a Comment