Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Summary 2023

 I'm more than a bit late getting this summary together for events here at the house during 2023.


View above shows a severe thunderstorm approaching our location from the east on July 17th. Storm took down trees here, and I estimated gusts of 60 to 65 mph.

For the entire year there was a total of 9.07 inches of precipitation. There were two months with no precipitation (April and June) and four months with over an inch (January, February, July, and December).  There was a light dusting of snow here on March 2nd. This was the fourth driest year at the house since I started my records in 1999.

I noted thunder here on 13 days, but that's likely a bit low because of my poor hearing. Coldest morning here was 23 F on February 16th, and first 100 F day at the airport was on April 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment