Wednesday, March 30, 2011

More From BC



Two of Brian's photos from his wasteland (where, April is not the cruellest month...) - top is in McKittrick Canyon, Guadalupe Mountains NP and bottom is rock nettle in Big Bend NP. In searching around a bit on the net, I found that annual rainfall in Marfa, Texas, is about 16" or almost 4" more than here in Tucson. Was a surprise to me, since I think of Marfa as THE home of cT air. Brian also commented:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
And here I thought 3-Buck Chuck was Doswell's house wine :). Nope, we don't call it the "Marfa Front" anymore. Owing to the drought and the northward creep of the Chihuahuan Desert, it's now called the "Metroplex Front" (actually, the picture shows a general area of thrust faulting of Paleozoic strata during the Ouachita-Marathon orogeny with extensional basins in the foreland further north, but hey...). You're right, there are few people; being somewhat misanthropic, I like it that way. Plus there are some beautiful areas if you know where to look.


I have a few pictures on my blog...this one taken from Rio Grande Village in Big Bend NP:
http://viapulvereus.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-happy-places-sierra-del-carmens-at.html
and another taken last year in McKittrick Canyon, Guadalupe Mountains NP:
http://viapulvereus.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-happy-places-mckittrick-canyon.html

No comments:

Post a Comment