Sunday, June 04, 2006

The MadWeather Blog has begun!

I am establishing a weather blog so that I can comment on issues of weather interest here in the Southwest, and sometimes other places. Stay tuned for future postings. One of the benefits of being retired is that I can be a "free range" commentator on a variety of things that I think I know at least a smidgen about. During the coming summer I hope to address things like:

  • The mystery of why there are about half as many thunderstorms observed in Tucson now as there were 5 to 10 years ago

  • Conditions that lead to organized MCSs in Arizona

  • The value, or lack thereof, of weather forecasts that call for climatological conditions and POPs each of the next 5 to 7 days

  • The usefulness of seven-day forecasts in general

  • Gulf of California moisture surges

  • Whatever else might catch my attention.

This will be an "invited participant" blog, once we figure out how to get this component functional. When we do, all who have been alerted of the blog will be invited to contribute their opinions, comments, etc., when so moved.

Please feel free to "advertise" this blog to others who might be interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment