CG flash east of Rincsons early am on July 28th.
Summer is over and the following is a brief summary of my observations here at the house.
August rainfall was 2.19", which is a fairly typical amount - month was mostly dry with 1.30" occurring on last day of month. Since 1999 the range in August amounts has been from 0.29" (2025) to 6.47" (2008). The summer total here was 3.89" with a summer range from 1.51" (2013) to 10.89" (2021). I noted thunderstorms on 21 days during the summer. Several of those produced gusts of 40 to 50 mph (my estimates). I did not notice for several days, but the storms on August 19th or 23rd took down a fairly large limb on a Palo Verde tree in our back yard. So that was a localized severe gust, and I may have under-estimated the winds that day. We will now watch to see what Fall has in store for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment