Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Rillito At Dodge ALERT Site


Back on August 21st I posted the above photo of the ALERT gauge called Rillito at Dodge. My post was about what effects the over-hanging tree might have had on rain measurements at the gauge the day before. I was alerted by Andy Wigg (Pima County Regional Flood Control District) yesterday that the gauge shown above is no longer in service. It had been replaced several months ago by a new ALERT station. I had actually noticed this new station and wondered about it. It is located about 700 ft to the east (upstream) and is just west of the Alvernon bridge and on the south side of the wash. The new site is shown below (I took a photo of it on my early morning walk today). Obviously my post back in August was just meaningless babble.


No comments:

Post a Comment